Please sign in to post.

Uber in Edinburgh

I have used Uber in NYC and many other cities in the US, great service and price. We will need transportation from airport to Airbnb and hotel before and after our RS tour, has anyone used Uber in Edinburgh? Or would a taxi or pubic transportation be better? I do not wish to assume?

Posted by
27104 posts

The most useful answer to this question requires the addresses of your Airbnb and hotel.

I used the tram from the airport, but your lodgings might not be so conveniently located to the tram.

Posted by
676 posts

The airport bus is super easy. We didn’t use Uber but our lodging was very close to the airport pickup/drop off location. You might consider doing a combo of airport bus then Uber to your lodging if it will save you paying a lot for the Uber to get into town.

Posted by
5 posts

I used the tram from the airport into Edinburgh, it was super easy. From there, there are buses that go all over. As someone else said, it would be helpful to know where the airbnb is. Also you may want to contact the airbnb owner and ask them.

Posted by
6788 posts

Agree with others, depends on your location, of course, but between the airport and the city, the tram is tough to beat. After that...maybe a bus or just on foot. We recently stayed in the old center, and the tram worked well enough for us, even when we had large bags.

Posted by
786 posts

We used Uber several times in Edinburgh this spring. It was fast, easy and convenient. We used the tram to and from airport, but our hotel was nearby. Our son Ubered from his university flat near The Meadows to the airport during morning rush and it was pretty pricey — maybe 30 pounds or so, if I recall.

Posted by
12 posts

Just come across this so assuming you have not been yet!

There are metered taxis outside the airport so just follow the signs to the TAXI area. Approximately £22-25 depending on your destination for up to 6 passengers travelling together, plus luggage. The tech company are pretty notorious for surge pricing in Edinburgh. No need for them as taxis are all over the place and can also be booked. See www.citycabs.co.uk one of the biggest companies.

You can also take the bus or tram to the city centre for £4.50 -£5 each.

Posted by
4074 posts

On our trip several years ago, we used the taxis, which I thought were very reliable and reasonable.