Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia web site

I've been looking the trenitalia web site this weekend and it doesn't look like it's posting local and interregional italian trains. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted by
32709 posts

They don't post regionale trains very far into the future. To see what will run put in a near date, within the next week or so on the same day of the week.

Posted by
23245 posts

Bahn.de has all the schedules but you have buy the ticket at trenitalia.com Also Regional trains tickets are only purchasable the week before but there is no reason to regional ticket online or early.

Posted by
19092 posts

On Trenitalia.com, I found a regional connection from Milan (11:25) to Venice, but the problem is that for a particular connection, they tend to "feature" the express trains. Regional trains only show up if there is no other option.

Posted by
3095 posts

Bahn.de actually doesn't have all the schedules for Italy. Try to find a train from Milan to Varenna-Esino on bahn.de. Even within the coming week , they say it can't be found. Alicia,when are you going and where? With that information people can point younto the right place to look for schedules.

Posted by
3 posts

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I'll be travelling 10/29-11/8.
thank you.

Posted by
16190 posts

And where are you trying to travel? The schedules should be available for those dates, even if the prices are not shown yet for the regional ( local) trains.

Posted by
3 posts

that's it then. there are no prices, which I was also looking for. I'm travelling to about 8 different stops, some larger, like Rome and Naples, some smaller, like Assisi.

Posted by
16190 posts

To see the prices on the regional trains, use a date within the next week, as Nigel suggested. The ticket prices will not change between now and then. Try using the same day of the week as your travel date for best results ( sometimes the schedules are different on Sundays).

Posted by
16190 posts

If you are going from Rome to Naples and want the cheapest price, you can compare the ES, Ic, and R trains by putting in a date for next week. That way you will see that the Es train is 45 euros; the IC is 22, and the slower Regionale train is only 10,50 euros. But before you decide on that, compare to the price for the IC and Es trains for your actual date of travel, as there may be mini fares available if you book now.