Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia

It's been about three years since I've been to Italy and am going again this October. Can anyone tell me if they're accepting American credit cards on their website now? They didn't used to and it was extremely annoying. I would love to book in advance and take adantage of these new MINI fares and was just wondering if I should get my hopes up :)

Posted by
2207 posts

As mentioned by Bob and Larry, you'll have no problem using most US credit cards on the Trenitalia site. In some random cases you might have to "register" your card or contact your card holder - but those exceptions are far less than the "old days." With the new competition, Italo starting April 28, Trenitalia needs to be even more accommodating. Since it's been a couple years for you, here are the latest thoughts on booking online and using PNR codes: Booking on the Trenitalia Website and Going "Ticketless" and Using PNR Codes on Trenitalia. Good Luck getting your MINI fares!

Posted by
1216 posts

Hi Mandi. Yes, it now accepts American credit cards; I have booked with two cards. For one (US Bank), I had to register the card with Verifired by Visa first, for the other (Capital One), it worked right away. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
6898 posts

Yes they are. I bought two tickets two weeks ago. Worked fine and I was able to print them out.

Posted by
41 posts

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to this trip and am very happy that I'll be able to get the cheaper fares for a change!