Please sign in to post.

Travel Times

I am having trouble finding out how long it will take for each of my train trips between countries. Spain to France, France to Italy, Italy to Austria, Austria to Germany. Any help wwould be awesome.

Posted by
19092 posts

I think the best source for train schedules all over Europe is the German Rail query page. Understand that there are many trains between these countries, some very fast, others slow, so you have to look at a number of connections.

Posted by
6898 posts

The best site overall is www.bahn.de (select the English page). On this site, you can view the train runs for most of Europe. Once you enter the points of origin and destination, date and time, you will see the various train run options. These train runs include the length of travel time. Another site to do this is www.trentialia.com/en/index.html This is the Italian site. You can see the train runs for any run in or out of Italy as well as all runs within the country.

Be cautious not to place a date beyond 60-90 days and some train systems are not accurate that far out. This is especially true for the Italian site. I always keep my schedule searched with 30 days so that I can see complete current schedules. When they eventually change, they don't change by much.

Posted by
19092 posts

The link I posted for the "German Rail query page" should work now. Thanks, Larry, for the "heads up".