Please sign in to post.

Travel Insurance

I am coming to Europe in December and about to book my flight but I wanted to get travel insurance, just in case if I have to cancel my trip. The travel insurance from expedia or travelocity only refund your money in extreme situations. Do any of you have any suggestions on what the best route is for insurance for my flight? Thank you in advance.

Posted by
23178 posts

Go to Insuremytrip.com or squarejaw.com for listing of different types of travel and medical insurance policies. BUT read the fine print very carefully because not all travel policies will allow you to cancel for any reason. Sometimes the reasons must be very specific. Generally the greater the cover, the higher the price because they are covering more risk.

Posted by
9363 posts

Frank means squaremouth.com, not squarejaw.com. Trip cancellation insurance will only pay for nonrefundable expenses, and usually only for very specific reasons. In most cases, an unused plane ticket can be used on a different flight even if it is not refundable (you would have to pay the change fee), so they wouldn't pay on that.

Posted by
32173 posts

Laura, You might want to speak with a Travel Agent or local Insurance office, as they should be able to provide information on various travel insurance packages. Were you planning to get medical insurance as well? Cheers!