Please sign in to post.

Travel in Paris

What is the best way to get from Charles De Gaulle Airport to Orly Airport? We have 3 hours (if on time) between coming into De Gaulle and flying out of Orly. We are two travelers.

Posted by
300 posts

Just an observation that 3 hours will it cutting it a little tight. I hope you're not connecting internationally out of Orly...

Posted by
2745 posts

OUCH! Three hours?

Anyway, AirFrance runs a bus too. I am not sure which would be quicker. It might depend on the time of your arrival.

Posted by
191 posts

Just a thought about getting your tickets to take the RER... The ticket machines wont accept your American credit card (maybe accept cash? I'm unsure) and I believe that you will have to stand in line to purchase the RER ticket, and most likely will be a very long line. This will definitely eat into your 3 hours. I would want to know more about alternatives to the RER, particulary if your flight in is late.

Posted by
9110 posts

Something else. You haven't said where you're coming from. If it's from within the Schengen area, you might be using terminal 2G -- which requires a shuttle bus ride to the RER station -- which will really screw up your chances of getting to Orly.

Posted by
8700 posts

The RER ticket machines accept euro coins (no bills). To avoid standing in line at a ticket window, get cash from an ATM and then put a bill in a change machine to get coins.

Posted by
2 posts

With the time contraint (3 hours, if on time) I am leaning toward taking a taxi from De Gaulle Airport to Orly Airport. I realize that this is pricey, but I would rather be on time to fly out of Orly. (This is not an international flight.) The flight into DeGaulle is coming in from Atlanta, so we will also need to go through customs.

Posted by
9110 posts

Atlanta flights usually arrive real early in the morning, just in time for a taxi to get caught up in the surface rush-hour congestion. I'd stick with the train and pray the arrival is on time and you can snatch your luggage quickly. Customs will probably be a walk-through.

Posted by
1 posts

Hello, My name is Ray Avila form Orlando, my wife and I are planning a trip to London and I am trying to find out the best way to get from London to Paris.I was thinking by train but some advice would be nice. Also what would cost by train. I would sure appreciate some help. Thank you

Posted by
1014 posts

Raymon, you need to do a new post. However, to answer your question, buy a Eurostar ticket 90 days out, cheaper that way, and enjoy the ride.

Posted by
8700 posts

Ray,

To get the best discount fares for Eurostar trains you need to book as far in advance as possible (120 days, not 90) at www.eurostar.com. The cheapest fare is 43 EUR ($59). If you wait until you get to London, you will pay three times as much for a last-minute ticket.

Posted by
2 posts

Regarding the London to Paris trip... I just booked it via the web from London to Paris and it was 34 pounds one way. I'm doing this trip in May so book it on line and you get to pick your seats at that time as well.

Cheers
Christine