Please sign in to post.

travel in Italy

is there a bus from florence to Sorrento? 4 people traveling. Sept 14

Posted by
6898 posts

There is a bus from Florence to Naples but not from Florence to Sorrento. However, once you get to Rome, you can transition to the Rome-Tiburtina train station and there are two bus lines across the street from the train station that go to Sorrento. Travel time from Florence to Naples is 6.5hrs. Now I ask the question. Why the bus for such a long distance when the train from Florence to Naples goes 180mph. You're in the Naples train station in 3hrs. I still see some 29Euro fares if you are willing to lock in a non-refundable ticket for travel on a specific train and date. There are about 17 trains a day from Florence to Naples. There are no more than 2 bus runs per day from either Florence or Rome. Once you are in Naples, you can take the bus, Circumvesuvianna train or take a bus to the ferry docks and take the hydrofoil.

Posted by
3 posts

It looks taking a train from Florence to Naples, and then a bus to sorrento makes more sense. especially if trip to Naples is only about 3 hrs. so we should book train reservations for Florence to Naples, but don't need reservations for bus from Naples to Sorrento? thanks,

Posted by
2 posts

From Naples to Sorrento: Instead of a bus, with 4 traveling (with luggage?), I would get a private shuttle. They will take directly to your hotel.