Please sign in to post.

Travel in and around London

I`m planning to travel from Swindon to London Paddington (off peak) by train and spend the next day and half in and around London Central sightseeing. I have booked 2 nights accomadation in Horley just outside of Gatwick because i fly to Spain very early on day 3. To get in and out of London (3 trips with 1 a same day return)and be able to use the trains/buses/tube or trams in zones 1 to 2 is purchasing a 1 to 3 Travelcard the right way to go or is there another cheaper option.

Posted by
14980 posts

If you're arriving in London after 9:30 AM, get an off-peak travelcard. (This travelcard will not cover your trip to and from Horley).

If on day two you arrive in London after 9:30, get another off peak one day travel card.

If you do leave zone 1, try to do that on one day so you only have to get a two zone card one day rather than both.

Posted by
8700 posts

Buy a zone 1-2 off-peak travelcard when you arrive at Paddington. Buy a ticket at Victoria station on a Southern train (£8.80) when you're ready to go to Horley.

For your full day book a Southern train DaySave ticket for £10 which will get you from Horley to Victoria and back. You must book online a minimum of 14 days in advance. See here: http://tinyurl.com/2h3ojz. Buy another one-day travelcard for zones 1-2.