Please sign in to post.

Travel from Paris to Florence in May 2008

What is the best way to get to Florence from Paris? Some of the flights were over $1000 for a one way ticket.

Posted by
4555 posts

Because Florence is relatively small, because it's relatively close to Rome, and because Paris is still underserved by discount airlines, there aren't a huge number of connections out of Florence, and no discount airlines at this time to Paris. Your best bet would be to come back to Rome to catch a cheap flight, connect from Florence through somewhere like London or Amsterdam, or take a train. E-mail me for some links

Posted by
508 posts

Try the Pisa airport instead of Florence - it is very easy to get to from the center of Florence. Easyjet flies from Pisa to Paris Orly. Their last minute fare for tomorrow is 185 Euro before taxes and fees. Booking 3-6 months in advance will most likely be less than $100. Also, try checking the price of a round trip ticket on the large airlines. You can go Florence to Paris on Air France next April for $337 round trip or $951 for one way.... You might also be looking to soon for the best priced flights within the EU. Many of the short haul flights only sell 3-6 months in advance. Right now Easyjet is only booking through October 2007. Another idea is to check the partner airlines and other booking engines. Last year a round trip flight within the EU on British Airways was over $550 on their website, but the exact same flights were only $210 round trip on the American Airlines website. We booked through American and had no problems.

Posted by
4132 posts

I think the "best" way to get from Florence to Paris would, ideally, be "slowly"--there is so much to see in between. But I imagine that is not what you mean.

If your "best" involves getting there quickly and cheaply, a 2nd class ticket and couchette on a night train is a good value, barring miracle discount air.