Please sign in to post.

Travel from Ljubljana to Lauterbrunnen

I'm tentatively planning a trip to Slovenia and Switzerland next summer. Getting from Ljubljana to Lauterbrunnen is tricky and not cheap. I've checked train travel and flying. It seems like Zurich might be the best airport to fly into and then take a train ride to Lauterbrunnen. What do you think? Do you have any helpful suggestions?

Posted by
8889 posts

I think you've just about summed it up, too far by train, no sleeper trains on the route, and flying is the only option but no much choice there.

Adria airways flies between Ljubljana and Zürich. Website here: https://www.adria.si/en/
They appear to offer multiple flights per day, with prices starting under €200. By next summer that could change, for better or worse.
I can't see any flights to Basel or Geneva.
From Zürich airport you can get to Lauterbrunnen by train in 2½ hours.

Sorry I can't give more info. Next summer is a long way off, you should be able to get air tickets early and cheap.

Posted by
6888 posts

There is an overnight train between Ljubljana and Zürich, operated by the ÖBB (Austrian Railways). With that, you can reach Lauterbrunnen by lunchtime of day 2 leaving Ljubljana after dinner on day 1.