Please sign in to post.

Travel from Italy to Greece

I am going to be in Italy for a month and am thinking of adding a week or so in Greece to my itinerary and shortening Italy a little. I am trying to find the best means of travel from Italy to Athens. I have looked at many of the ferry sites and saw that I get a discount on some of them for having a rail pass. Is it better to book this ahead of time or wait until I get there? I was thinking that once I am there I will be able to see, with caution of coarse, all that is offered. Maybe even find some kind of ferry and hotel deal... Is it better to book now or wait till i get there? Maybe even get just a one way to Athens and then I can decide once I am there how long to stay and get another one way back?
Thanks~!

Posted by
84 posts

Try getting cost on Easyjet airlines. We are flying for 55E one way incl. one piece of baggage in May. Flying is much quicker and easier than ferry and might be almost the same price.

Posted by
32212 posts

Nicole, As the previous reply mentioned, a budget flight from Rome to Athens is the quickest and easiest (and probably cheapest) option. I travelled that route via EasyJet and it was a very pleasant flight. Happy travels!