Please sign in to post.

Travel from Budapest to Venice

What is the most convenient and least expensive way to travel from Budapest to Venice? We will be boarding a cruise ship in Venice after spending time in Czech Republic and Hungary; would like to arrive in Venice by early afternoon to board the ship the same day. Thanks.

Posted by
2393 posts

Firstly I would not plan to arrive in my embarkation city the same day - too many thing can happen. Canceled flights, train delays & accidents on motor ways have caused many people to miss their ship. While it is much easier to catch up with a ship on a Med cruise why risk the hassle?

Budapest to Venice by train is rather lengthy - 11 to 14 hours - and requires several train changes. For this route flying would be the best option - check skyscanner.com for flights.

Posted by
8141 posts

Travel between Budapest and Venice is by Ryanair into Trevisio Airport--just a few miles north of Venice. The airfare should be very inexpensive.

You should be going in the day before your scheduled departure on the cruise ship. Miss the ship, and it could be very expensive getting to the ship at the next stop.

Posted by
20083 posts

Ryanair service appears to be seasonal and not every day. You did not say when this is to take place, so you should start researching it now.

Posted by
2081 posts

vans,

i would be looking at flights ASAP. I'm looking at heading down there next year and noticed flights in/out of Italy, especially Venice isn't as often as i would like and some flights are 3 days per week. Also some flights were already being booked.

If you cant find anything good for you, look at flying into Milan. Im also looking at landing in Milan if Venice isn't an option.

happy trails.