Please sign in to post.

Travel

What is the best way to travel from Dubrovnik Croatia to Salzburg Austria in Sept?

Posted by
1167 posts

"Best" is very subjective. The fastest way would be to fly to Vienna (Germanwings) and take the train.

Posted by
32228 posts

Fran, I've also looked at travelling that route, as I considered taking the RS Adriatic tour this year. Unfortunately I haven't found an easy answer yet. Which date in September would you be travelling? Some of the budget airlines such as EasyJet operate flights from Dubrovnik, however some discontinue these in early September. For example, EasyJet flights from Dubrovnik to MXP or FCO cease for the season on 2 Sept. GermanWings to MUC might be a good option (as mentioned in the previous reply), but their flights don't operate every day, and they have one connection in Cologne. Some of the other options I've found are: > Flight from Dubrovnik to Munich and then train to Salzburg. All of the flights with larger airlines seem to be indirect (ie: with a layover) and expensive. > Take a Bus to Split and then travel by train from there. However, that's going to be a VERY LONG trip! > Travel by Ferry to Italy and then travel by train from there (again, a somewhat LONG trip). Good luck and happy travels!