Please sign in to post.

transportation in Spain

I am trying to find transportation between Granada and Madrid on a Sunday, July 1. How far in advance can I book this? Is a train the best option?

Posted by
16374 posts

I think the train is the best option on that route. Others disagree and they will explain the bus. The train takes 4.5 hours. There are 2 a day, departing at 9:10 am and 18:05 pm. The latter one gets in to Madrid pretty late, after 10 pm. It is too early to book for July 1; you book 60 to 62 days in advance to get the best fare. The regular fare is 68 euros but you want to try for the Web discount fare, which is 27, 60 euro. Today, for example, you can get that fare for either train for June 5. For June 6, only the later train shows the Web fare. Fares for June 7 are not posted yet. To see these fares, go to the Spain train site, renfe.com and use the "purchase" function (click on the shopping cart). Some people have trouble getting the site to accept their credit card, but there are detailed instructions on maninseat61.com and on the Madrid page in the Tripadvisor forum. If you are a senior (60+) there are discounts that apply if you buy your tickets in Spain, rather than on the internet.