Please sign in to post.

Transportation from Venice to an airport hotel

Could someone let me know how this works? I assume we take a vaporetto when we leave the island....then what? I am trying to determine whether to stay at the Best Western hotel at the airport or at the less expensive Best Western in Quarto D'Altino. I am leaning towards staying at the airport because we have such an early morning flight....but if it is significantly easier and faster to get from Venice proper to Quarto D'Altino, maybe that is the option I should consider.
Thanks!

Posted by
20151 posts

Quarta D'Altino is a good ways from the airport. Is there free shuttle service?
Why not stay a little closer. Here is a nice reasonable spot with shuttle service less than a mile away, with a good breakfast as well.
https://www.hotelveniceresort.com/en
You could get there on the No 5 bus from from Piazzale Roma, but you would have a 200 yard walk from the bus stop. You can get a taxi from Piazzale Roma, maybe 29 EUR?

Posted by
674 posts

That hotel looks quite nice, but I'm looking for a triple room and the BW rates are better. There is a free airport shuttle from the hotel in Quarto D'Altino. I agree I'd rather be closer to the airport -- I was just trying to figure out which hotel we'd be closer to when we leave Venice proper, and whether there would be a difference in how much it cost to get there.

Related question...do cabs in the Venice area charge by the ride or by the person?

Thanks!

Posted by
7209 posts

You know, you can stay in the hotel you're already in on Venice Island and have a water taxi take you from your hotel directly to the airport on the morning of your flight. Yes, water taxis can be expensive, but when you factor in the ease of not having to relocate you might just decide to splurge for the early morning water taxi.

Posted by
32812 posts

I have no idea about the Venice mainland taxis (because I don't use them and nobody here mentions them) but the Venice island water taxis charge per trip, including up to 8 people and reasonable luggage.

The Best Western in Quarto d'Altino is not particularly convenient to the train station so there would be an additional cost reaching it as well leaving in the morning. If it is of any help the quite nice and modern Quarto d'Altino Crowne Plaza is right at the station (but you wouldn't know it in the rooms which are silent). I don't know their airport arrangements.