Please sign in to post.

Transportation

6 adults are traveling from CDG airport to our hotel on Rue Bonapart near St. Sulpice and we are thinking it will be cheaper and easier to take a taxi, but can we get a taxi for 6 adults and their luggage? How can I know for sure? I read awful reviews about super shuttles, are there other shuttle companies?

Posted by
19092 posts

If you don't have too much luggage, you can use public transportation. The Paris Transit (RatP.fr) website gives directions, here.

Posted by
2876 posts

Just find the official taxi rank outside your terminal and get in line. The taximaster will get you into a minivan taxi that will accommodate your group. No need for private shuttles.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks Tom and Lee for your replies. My concern is that there are not going to be Taxis big enough to carry six adults and 6 pieces of luggage. Is there a way that I can verify that there are taxis that big? We know we can do rer and get to where we are going, but when calculating the cost, it seemed to be about the equivalent to what a Taxi may cost, unless the price goes significantly up for the larger vehicle and extra people.

Posted by
3580 posts

I hate to be obvious, but, ahem, you could hire two taxis if a large vehicle s not available.

Posted by
4 posts

Yeah, we talked about renting two taxis or if a big taxi isn't available, we may just hop on the rer. I just wondered if others knew what was available in Taxis. I am done worrying about it. Thanks all.

Posted by
4 posts

Lee, Thank you so much for that link to the Paris Mass Transit. THAT WAS SO HELPFUL! I now have the confidence to proceed on the RER to our hotel.

Posted by
8293 posts

Karen, here are two other websites you will find helpful, I think. parisbytrain.com and tomsguidetoparis.com