Please sign in to post.

Transportation

I will be visiting my daughter from Bonn, Germany on 4/12. I would like to know whats the cheapest transportation to take from Bonn to Prague. Then from Prague to Poland.

Posted by
19238 posts

Use the German Rail website for schedules and fares. If you book well in advance online with the Bahn, you can go from Bonn direct via ICE to Nuernberg and take the Bahn Intercity bus from Nuernberg to Prague. That would be with a train specific, non-refundable Europa-Spezial fare, starting at €39/p. It would take a couple of hours longer, but if you wanted an all rail connection, you could go by Intercity train to Koeln, ICE to Berlin, and Eurocity train to Prague.

Posted by
2876 posts

The cheapest transportation from Bonn to Prague is undoubtedly the Student Agency bus. You can find all the information here: http://tinyurl.com/7wgw44y It will be easier to answer the second part of your question if you specify the city in Poland to which you want to travel.

Posted by
6941 posts

"Then from Prague to Poland." Poland's a big country. What city? Tom's overnight Bonn-Prague overnight bus suggestion is 57 € one way, 93€ RT. Not bad. But undoubtedly more expensive than the DB tix Lee suggests. And DB offers a choice of half a dozen or more discounted trips per day to Prague.

Posted by
2876 posts

Bus fare is discounted 10% if you're over 60. Don't know if that makes a difference for you.

Posted by
9 posts

Yes Tom, it will make a difference. I am 61 years old and 10% is good discount than nothing at all. I am visiting Warsaw & Kracow in Poland.
Thanks for everyone's idea, it sure helped me to decide how many days I will take off from work.