Please sign in to post.

transportation

Flying into Heathrow with another adult and 80 year old granny. Wanted to take a taxi from Heathrow to hotel in Kings Cross. Do you recommend a particular taxi service or another mode of transportation? Not sure granny can do the underground with luggage.
Thanks

Posted by
8700 posts

A private car service will be much cheaper than a taxi. Just Airports gives a discount for paying cash. Kings Cross is in postal code N1. The cash fare for a saloon (sedan) from Heathrow to anywhere in N1 is £37.00. For an estate (station wagon) it's £41.00. Even with minimal luggage, with three people you'll probably need an estate.

Posted by
8 posts

I looked at the site your requested and it looks like a rental car. Don't think we want to attempt to drive. Would prefer a taxi or driving service to take us from Heathrow to Kings Cross hotel. Did I misunderstand the website? Do you have another suggestion for taxi/driving service?
Thanks!

Posted by
8700 posts

Yes, you misread the site. Just Airports definitely is a private car service. And it consistently gets very good reviews.

Posted by
5515 posts

Libby, with a private car service, the driver typically greets you (holding a sign with your name) on arrival. I agree with Tim that this is a much less expensive option than getting in the taxi queue and just taking a black cab into the city. While Just Airports uses the term "rental" it does not mean a car rental where you drive the car as in the U.S. They provide a chauffeur who meets you at the airport and drives you to your destination. This is a difference in American English versus British English. In the U.K., if you were to get a car to self-drive, you would "hire a car" (rather than "rent a car").

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you! Have been in contact with this service and they have been most helpful. I appreciate the information!