Please sign in to post.

transportation

I purchased a German Rail Pass from RSE in September for October. I have now returned to the U.S. and used only 3 of the 10 days of the month. What is the process for getting a refund on the balance of the ticket. Thank you.
Charles Kolb

Posted by
23178 posts

First, what makes you think you are entitled to any refund? My understanding is that if you don't use the days, it is your problem. Why not contact the people who sold you the pass instead of asking a question on the travel question board. I am sure there were some general policy issued with the pass.

Posted by
19052 posts

According to the RailEurope website (www.raileurope.com/rail-help/customer-support/exchanges-and-refunds-on-a-rail-pass.html), which is from where I understand the RSE passes come: FAQ "I only used some of my train travel days. Can I get a refund?" "Unfortunately, refunds can only be provided for totally unused rail passes or rail passes that have not been activated. If your pass has been activated and you've begun using it, a refund cannot be given." Also, from the Eurail website, www.eurail.com, "you're entitled to a refund for a Eurail pass that is unused and has not been activated". Eurail is the organization which packages and markets the rail passes. This is only one of many pitfalls of using a rail pass.