Please sign in to post.

Transportation

Hello, I am looking for information on getting from our hotel in Rome to the cruise port and then from the cruise port in Venice to our hotel (near St. Marks) and then from there back to the airport. I would like to know the best, most economical way to make these transfers. Any info would help. Thank you.

Posted by
23568 posts

Most economical way will always be public transit but not always the most convenient. For Rome, the train from Termini to Civit.... It is a commuter run, three or four an hour, 45 mins to 1 hr. 15, and about 8 to 12E depending on the train. Some are are faster with fewer stops and the slowest has the most stop. The platform for Civit... is the far, very far right hand corner of the station as you face the tracks. I think platform 25 or 26 but it is long walk down the right side of the station. From the Civit... station it is a 10 min walk to the port entrance and your ship. You will see your ship from the station. Just follow the crowd, lots of folks doing the same thing. Light luggage helps a lot. Since I don't know where your hotel is in Venice cannot make a recommendation other than land taxi. The hotel will be your best source for this info.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for your suggestions. We are staying at Hotel Campiello in Venice as suggested in Rick Steve's guide book. I guess it is near St. Marks. Does that help with trasportation suggestions from cruise terminal to hotel and then to the airport?