Please sign in to post.

transportation

What is the best transportation from Manchester airport to Cheshire (or closest to Anderton Marina)? also, there is nothing on any website showing the fees. thanks for the reply
Ruth

Posted by
33549 posts

A quick search on Google using "Anderton Marina" as the search term found Directions button which had a link to Click here to download a .pdf version of the directions to the marina Towards the bottom of the page you will see rail. It would be a long expensive taxi from the airport but not much from Northwich. There's a fair chance that Pensacola Ed may have sailed through there if he sees this, although he tends to have his own wheels.

Posted by
9110 posts

I've only blasted past it on the Trent and Mersey so it must not have a pub. There's a boat lift along there somewhere that is pretty neat. I'll add my standard caution. The marina may or may not have a grocery store of any kind. If it does, the prices will be steep and ion limited (worse than a freeway stop-and-rob). When working on your transportation, include a stop in either Norwich or some place that will have a good-sized store. You're going to have to stock up on grub and grog. Barnton is probably big enough, but it's at least a mile away - - a bit far to haul stuff. You could either go in that direction, or head that way, shop and turn around. There will be places to moor, but there might not be a handy spot to turn around. Another option may be to do this early in the trip somewhere else, but I have no idea where you're going.