Please sign in to post.

Transportation

What is the least expensive way to travel from Rome's Fiumicino airport to the Hilton Cavalieri for a party of 2?
If by train, which specific trains?
Thanks for your help.

Posted by
2 posts

Mike - I have found travel by train quite easy from Fuimicino having done it myself in the past;I truly believe your best bet IS by train but ask the Hilton's concierge and I'm sure they'll steer you in the right direction - if you do settle on a train, then once you arrive into the downtown train station perhaps the Hilton can shuttle you back to their location OR - - the Hilton sounds like a 5-Star hotel so I also recommend inquiring they might actually offer an airport shuttle for a reasonable fee when stacked against the wear & tear on you & your traveling companion by connecting to the train & so on. I hope this helps but start with Hilton's concierge; at the very least they'll direct you to the correct platform & connecting train. Ciao & Good Luck!!

Posted by
23268 posts

There is only one train -- Leonard Express -- leaves every 30 minutes -- 11E, I thnk. Take a taxi from the train station.

Posted by
44 posts

Leonardo Express leaves twice per hour--at :22 and :52. The cost is 11 euro and you can buy your ticket from the machines hanging on the left wall as you leave the airport (FCO) and enter the train area. The machine will take your ATM or credit card. Be sure to validate the ticket before hopping on the train--watch others for instruction. The ride is about 30-35 minutes to Termini Station in Rome.