Please sign in to post.

transportation

What is the best way to get from Lake Bled to Prague?

Posted by
19240 posts

Best? Fastest? Easiest? I only do trains. You can find schedules on the German Rail (Bahn) website. Enter Lesce Bled to Prague (or Prag or Praha). There is a "fast" connection (10h8m) at 8:13 via Villach and Breclaw, a slightly slower connection (10h47m) at 9:52 via Salzburg and Linz, and a one change connection (10h57m) at 9:52 via Munich with an express Bahn bus from Munich to Prague. Because the trip starts and ends outside Germany, you can't book the entire trip with one ticket online with the Bahn. However you can book Bled to Munich by train online and Munich to Prague by express bus online. With advance purchase, the legs can be as low as 39€/adult and 29€/adult respectively. You can possibly purchase tickets for the connections with changes in Austria from Austrian Rail, www.oebb.at.

Posted by
811 posts

will you pass through LJU on your way to lake bled? if yes you can get train ticket from LJU to prague. i suspect your train from bled to prague will involve at least 1 change, and the train in that region usually travel between capitals, so very likely you'll end up in LJU on your route any ways. i don't like to change in some small no name stations in slovenia - the old communist style train stations usually have no english info so it's a little hard to figure out which train / track to get on. you also need to know there are 2 train stations by lake bled. there is one you take a bus from town, and another is up the hill behind the boathouse. if you do end up booking tickets from bled make sure you know which train station you depart. finally, keep in mind buses on holidays are very limited.

Posted by
19240 posts

"you can get train ticket from LJU to prague." You can't get that ticket ONLINE from either German Rail or Austrian Rail. You can get one online from RailEurope, but it will cost you the equivalent of 164€ (plus any shipping).