Please sign in to post.

Transportation

After the tour, I fly out of Rome to get on a connecting flight in Paris to return back to Canada. However, when I booked it I accidentally flew into Orly instead of CDG. I have 4 hours to get to CDG from Orly, is this going to be enough time? Should I just swallow the fare and start again? What would be the fastest transportation between airports. Thank you
Judy

Posted by
11507 posts

judy if you are flying on Air Transat you will be leaving from a quieter terminal at CDG and going through security there is not the same horror as some of the other terminals . Which terminal are you flying out of .. I think 2.5 hours if fine there.BUT this still isn't really going to make a huge difference for you, since you are counting on your flight from Rome arriving on time, but what if it doesn't???
Personally I would have scheduled my flight from Rome to come into Paris one day then the flight out of Paris the next,, I don't like trying to connect not linked flights.. if one airline lets you down the other says "too bad".. I would buy another ticket from Rome to arrive 2 hours earilier ( 5-6 hours) or a flight to CDG but still allow 3-4 hours at least.. I still would be nervous, depends I guess on which airline you are using to fly to Rome.

Posted by
8293 posts

Judy, your flight from CDG back to Canada requires that you be at the airport 3 hours ahead of your departure, so as to find your way, to go through security, check-in, etc., and 3 hours will not be too much! So it seems to me you will have to change your flight from Rome to either one that arrives earlier at Orly and gives you plenty of time to transfer, or one that lands at CDG (also with enough time to make your flight to Canada.) If you google "Orly to CDG" the transfer options and timing can be found.

Posted by
32329 posts

Judy, Under ideal conditions, it should be possible to get from ORY to CDG via public transit. You might find it helpful to have a look at the excellent Paris By Train website, as there may be some good suggestions there. The route that I'd use in the same situation is OrlyVal train to Antony station, and then RER "B" directly to CDG. You'd be travelling almost the entire length of the RER "B" line, and the travel time should be ~35 minutes. However, there are some variables. For example: > Waiting to collect checked luggage from your first flight. > Waiting times for the OrlyVal and RER trains. > Time to disembark from your first flight takes longer than expected. > Time at CDG to get to your correct departure Terminal. With four hours, I'd probably give it a try. You may want to speak with a Travel Agent, just to get another opinion. Good luck!