Please sign in to post.

Transportation

We are flying into amsterdam the second week in september, then we go to munich. Should we fly, take a train (daytime), or take a bus? So far reading schedules has been difficult, and what I have found has been very expensive. Help, please!

Posted by
1840 posts

We have taken the train, but we go as far as Cologne for two days then on to Munich. There is a hotel right at the train station in Cologne.

Posted by
19240 posts

There is an excellent night train (City Night Line) from Amsterdam to Munich, but if you insist on going during the day, the Bahn will sell you a ticket for a low as €39/p, Amsterdam to Munich. That fare requires advance purchase at least 3 days in advance, 92 days max, from the Bahn website, and purchasing as far in advance as you can commit is recommended because those ticket are in demand and the price increases as others buy them. Find your schedules and purchase tickets on the German Rail (Bahn) website.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks, Lee. Is it pssible for me to see a sample of a 39E ticket that you talk about on the Bahn website now? I have not found anything like tht even though a guide book says that rate is possible. Thanks.

Posted by
8700 posts

Nancy, If you enter 29 July as your departure date, you'll see €39.00 fares for several departure times. Enter 25 July to see the lowest discount fares on the CNL night train.