Please sign in to post.

transportation

I'm traveling to Europe in April 2013. Were beginning our trip in Amsterdam for 3 days. Taking the train to Paris for another week. After we will go to St. Avold to the Lorainne American Cemetery. From then we were thinking we would like to take the recommended Rhine river cruise from Koblenz to Bacarach. From there to Rothenburg and then to Munich. Having difficulty finding trains from St Avold to Koblenz and from Bacarach to Rothenburg. Any suggestions??

Posted by
23572 posts

What do you mean difficulty finding trains. Are you asking about schedules or if trains go to that location? Not every city or town is served by a train. However, Rothenburg is so not sure what you are asking?

Posted by
16 posts

I have checked for train schedules from Metz France to one of the stops in order to do the Rhine Blitz Tour that Rick Steves recommended. I have been unsucessful finding them. I do realize it's to early to purchase them for late April. Any help would be really appreciated.

Posted by
11294 posts

Are you by any chance looking for trains on the Rail Europe website? If so, stop immediately. Rail Europe does not have complete schedules, and marks up the prices on the tickets it does sell. Instead, use the Bahn (German rail) website. This has schedules for all of Europe, although it will not have prices for trains outside of Germany. Here's Rick's suggestions on how to use the Bahn website most effectively. If you are still unable to find the schedules you need, post another note.

Posted by
20979 posts

A quick check of the Bahn website shows a dozen connections every day Paris to St Avold, and a similar amount from St Avold to Koblenz. Also plenty of connections Bacharach to Rothenburg ob der Tauber.