Please sign in to post.

transportation

I've tried lots of angles, and it looks like the cheapest way to go from Rome to ship port, is through the ship. $92 pp each way. Someone mentioned taxi for $60, but I wasn't sure if it was dollars or euros. HELP

Posted by
976 posts

We used a shuttle service last year, the least expensive we could find was "www.airportshuttle.it " and I read about them here on the forum.
Be sure you receive an email back with confirmation and price. I didn't see a price on their website so you'll have to inquire, tho there was a banner that said "summer specials" for Civitavecchia to Rome.

Posted by
23568 posts

Try harder. You can use the train for between 8 and 12E depending on the train. The 60E reference was from the airport to Civit... and not Rome. Taxi from Rome will run closer to 150E. If you scan down about ten heading you will see a very complete discussion of this subject or go here: http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/helpline/index.cfm/rurl/topic/79583/best-option-for-family-of-4-travel-from-fiumicino-airport-to-civitavecchia.html

Posted by
84 posts

We have booked a van to carry 6 adults + luggage with www.romecabs.com (highly recommended on www.tripadvisor.com) The price is only 65E for ride from FCO to hotel near Spanish Steps. This is the exact same cost as the total for all 6 of us to ride on the train to Termini. No brainer. Good luck!