Please sign in to post.

transportation

We arrive into Paris at 11am June 15th, having left from Philly, via Frankfort on Lufthansa the night before.. My question is, will we have enough time to make the TVA train to Avignon at 1:45 that day or should I book a later train? Thank you! You have helped me on prior trips, thank you!!!!

Posted by
33545 posts

I'm not the best person to answer this question because I don't fly so don't have personal experience with CDG which I assume is your arrival airport. However I am pretty familiar with Gare de Lyon from which your train adventure will begin. Your train, TGV 6177, is first stop Avignon TGV on its journey to Nice. Gare de Lyon is a large station with two distinct areas of tracks, the blue area and the yellow area. When you arrive at the station be sure to read the screens with that in mind; if you are in the wrong area it can be a several minute walk to the right one. I have seen various ways folk get to Paris from CDG but I haven't paid attention. I know it can be done by RER and that is how I would recommend. There is a RER station at CDG and it is 12 stops to Chatalet - Les Halles where you need to go one stop on RER A or D to Gare de Lyon. As said above, I make no warranties about time - others will know - but let's say you're landing on time, figure an hour to get luggage and Immigration and Customs, so if you are on the RER by noon or so I would be pretty sure that 90 minutes is bags of time to do the RER and get to the station. 15 minutes to find your train. I'd guess it would be OK. Then again, might your flight be late?

Posted by
33545 posts

BTW - you mention TVA. You will be looking for TGV, Train a Grand Vitesse - High Speed Train translated to English.