Please sign in to post.

transportation

We are flying from Paris to Milan. Then trying to get to Levanto. I am having a hard time finding trains. There is a train from Milan to Genoa but I can not find out if there is a regional train in Genoa that leads to Levanto. Has anyone traveled this route?

Posted by
19238 posts

According to the German Rail website, there are approximately hourly regional trains starting at Genova and going to Levanto. Trenitalia and RailEurope also show trains. Where are you looking?

Posted by
2 posts

I did find the information. Thank you so much. It does not show the fairs however. Any idea of what it may cost. I'm debating between buying rail passes or just pay as we go. We will not be using the trains that much.

Posted by
19238 posts

You won't find fares on the Bahn website for connections entirely outside of Italy, like Genoa to Levanto, but you can find them on the Trenitalia website. That website does not post fares for regional trains very far in advance, so I put in 10 Nov 2011 and found a fare of €5,50 in 2nd class.

Posted by
23562 posts

From your very limited information, p2p tickets would most likely be cheaper than a rail pass.

Posted by
8700 posts

Direct IC trains from Milano Centrale to Levanto depart at 08:05, 12:10, 14:05, 16:05, 18:05, and 20:10. The standard 2nd class fare is €21. Booked in advance on the Trenitalia site, you can get a Mini fare of €15. You can take the 09:10 IC train to Genoa and connect there to a regional train to Levanto. The standard fare for the IC train is €17.50 and the Mini fare is €14. As Lee said, the fare for the regional train is €5.50. You also can take a regional train to Genoa departing at 16:25 and another regional train to Levanto. The combined fare is €15.05.