Please sign in to post.

Transportation

I'm planning to travel from Rome to Provence and then to end up in Paris. What would be the best way to get from Rome to Provence? Thank you,
Merle

Posted by
33531 posts

What do you mean by best? When are you travelling? Do you want to go straight there or stop along the way? Provence is a large place. Where are you going?

Posted by
2876 posts

My vote would be to take an inexpensive flight from Rome to Nice on Easyjet or Blu-Express, rent a car in Nice, then drive to wherever you want to go in Provence. I think this would be the easiest and most direct way.

Posted by
32325 posts

Merle, As the others have mentioned, it would help to have some further information on your travel plans. If you're planning on travelling by train, it will be a LONG trip. For example, travel from Rome to Nice is a minimum of 9.5 hours (depending on which train is chosen). There are two options you can consider. 1.) Use a budget airline from Rome to one of the airports in France close to your destination. You didn't specify where you'd be going in Provence, so it's difficult to provide more specific information. 2.) Find a destination between the two places to "break up" the journey if you're going to be travelling by train. If you stop for at least one night at an intermediate point, that will break the trip into more tolerable segments. Given the distance between Rome and Provence, both rail trips will likely be somewhat long. Of the two choices and considering the travel time and distance, I'd probably consider the budget airline option. Although I'm reluctant to suggest it, RyanAir has flights from Rome / CIA to Marseilles. Good luck!

Posted by
7 posts

Thank you. Did not include exact spot in Provence because I'm still trying to figure it out. However, only have about 4 days and I believe that Avignon is pretty central.