Please sign in to post.

transportation

Anyone have information on best way to travel from Nuremberg train station to river cruise port in Nuremberg?

Posted by
4407 posts

I hope this from Viking helps; maybe show a copy of the map to the taxi driver. I don't know how many departure points there are there, so heed the advice given at the top of the Viking page.

Posted by
14 posts

Really just wondering what types of transportation there might be to get us to the docks (we are on an Avalon Cruise). Avalon isn't too helpful with any transfers for those not doing their "land/cruise packages! Certain this is doable just wondered if anyone had any experience/ideas. Thx!

Posted by
4407 posts

The port is still the port...and everyone seems to agree that taxi (15-20€) is the way to go; public transportation isn't really convenient, esp. if you have a lot of luggage. Most lines - Avalon included - often have a shuttle bus to the dock, typically from the 'city center'. What did Avalon say when you asked them? (I didn't find a lot of helpful info on CruiseCritic, but I didn't exhaust the site either.)

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you, we will check into the city-center shuttle.
Not to slam Avalon, but they certainly didn't offer the info on the shuttle and only suggested we could go to the airport and pay $50 US each to catch a ride from there. Seemed crazy to us when we would be at the train station!