Please sign in to post.

Transportation

Is there a bus from London's Heathrow to the Belgravia area? Nearest tube is Victoria. How long does it normally take and how much does it cost?

How does one get from the Belgravia area to London-St. Pancras where I plan to take the Eurostar to Paris? This will be my first time on the Eurostar and would appreciate any advice from those who've done it. Many thanks.

Posted by
1265 posts

Rose Marie - You can use the journey planner at www.tfl.gov.uk. There is a major renovation going on at King's Cross station, this may effect tube travel.

Posted by
4684 posts

The renovation at King's Cross is affecting the main line station, the Tube station is almost finished and it's unlikely to affect you if you're taking the Eurostar. Depending on where you are in Belgravia the nearest Tube may be Victoria, Sloane Square, Hyde Park Corner or Knightsbridge. All of these are served by at least one tube line that will take you straight to King's Cross St Pancras without changing, although Sloane Square to King's Cross via the Circle Line is quite circuitous and time-consuming. Be warned that any lines may be closed for engineering works on Saturday or Sunday so if you're leaving at the weekend check in advance at the station.

There are direct National Express bus services from Heathrow to Victoria but beware that these run to the long-distance COACH (bus) station at Victoria which is a long walk from the Underground and railway station. Traffic around Heathrow is awful 24/7 and I would strongly recommend taking the Underground or the much faster railway trains to Paddington.