Please sign in to post.

Transavia

Has anyone flown Transavia recently? Do they run on time or like to cancel, reschedule their flights? We are goin to be using them early July from Paris to Pau, supper cheap.

Posted by
7811 posts

Nowadays all airlines run late, cancel and reschedule. There is no difference. You can take the train to Pau also; there may be a TGV ( French high speed train) serving part of the route.

Posted by
3835 posts

I flew Transavia from Paris Orly to Berlin three days ago. I bought the ticket around 2-3 months ago. Zero changes. Everything ran perfectly on time the day of the flight. I used them for a Ljubljana to Amsterdam flight in 2019 -- also no problems.

Posted by
6344 posts

Or you can take the train, SNCF is certainly not 100% reliable, but the risk of being cancelled or rescheduled is probably lower.

Posted by
1070 posts

Had a flight from Lisbon to AMS a couple of weeks ago . On time and no rescheduling. Basic flight, bring your own snacks.

And when I had questions, they were responsive on WhatsApp chat.

Posted by
6883 posts

The train to Pau takes 4h15min and is probably cheaper or at worst similar in price once you factor in the cost of transportation to Orly and from Pau airport. The plane will not save much time at all once you factor in check-in times and ground transportation to/from airports.
And the train is much better for the environment.

Otherwise, if you must: my experiences with Transavia have been quite good overall.