Please sign in to post.

Trains in Spain

Does anyone know if there is a night train that travels from Granada to Barcelona?
Thank you

Posted by
359 posts

Unless you really like to ride the train, you may want to save time (and possibly money) and fly. We did Granada to Barcelona in early April and flew on Spanair. The total cost of the air, for two people, was 255 EUD. And the trip was very short.

Posted by
19240 posts

Be careful of people who say a flight time is short. In addition to 1 or 2 hours actually in the air, you have time getting to the airport, check-in and security (usually allow at least 2, maybe 3), flight time, delays, time deplaning and finding ground transportation, time getting to your destination. Experienced people on this site estimate you spend up to 6 hrs for a one hr flight, and this time is taken right out of the middle of the day - prime time. There are day trains on that route that make the run in less than 8 hrs; the night train takes about 11½ hrs, but if you can sleep on the train, most of that is otherwise unused time. You leave after dinner and get in a little after breakfast.

Posted by
23564 posts

STOP IT !!!! We are making Steve look good !!

Posted by
2055 posts

You may want to be wary of routes crossing mountains, as I understand that the train in Spain stays mainly in the plain.

Posted by
4555 posts

No, no, Denny....you've got it all wrong!
It rains in Spain while you're mainly on the train.

Posted by
16081 posts

I thought it was the plain trains in Spain run mainly in the rain.

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you to everyone who sent me information about the planes and trains on plains when it rains in Spain!
Cynthia