Please sign in to post.

Trains and busses shut down

hello, I am trying to get from Salzburg to Munich on Saturday . I have train tickets in hand. I could rent a car but would need best route to get they to Munich . I have heard the bus mite be an option . Please advise when u know good info. Realize situation very fluid ! Thank u !!

Posted by
32519 posts

Take the train. I understand they are running again, as is confirmed in the other question today that you contributed to.. Check locally.

Posted by
19052 posts

I just looked at the Bahn website for Friday. It looks like most, if not all, express trains (RJ & EC) originating in Austria south or east of Salzburg are canceled, at least the part from Salzburg to Munich. ICs, which originate in Salzburg and go to Munich are now originating in Freilassing, across the river from Salzburg, in Germany. Regional trains, which are run by a private company, Meridian, are running normally. I would expect the regional trains to be crowded.

For Saturday, it looks like even the ICs have been canceled, not just the Salzburg stop eliminated. It still shows Meridian trains as running.

That's from the Bahn. According to the Meridian website, their trains are now using Freilassing as the terminal instead of Salzburg. There are bus carrying passengers from Freilassing to Salzburg, but because of border controls, there are no buses from Salzburg to Freilassing.

What I could not find out was if the Watzmann Express bus (RVO 840) was running from Salzburg to Berchtesgaden.