Please sign in to post.

Trains.

Ok Heres what I want to do.
Arrive in Paris 2 Days, go to Orleans for 1 Day, then to D-Day beaches 2 Days. Back to Paris and on to london,3 Days Edinburgh,2 days plus St. Andrews 1 day. Inverness and perhaps Wales then back to london. All this in 15 days.
What would be the best Rail pass to get. Am thinking of renting a car for the Normany Beaches in Orleans but dont want to drive it into Paris. What would be the best combination of rail tickets for France and the UK?

Posted by
3313 posts

No need for a railpass in France because if you rent a car in Orleans to go to Normandy you'll only take the train from Paris to Orleans and then again back to Paris from wherever you drop the car (I'd just drop at the airport and take the RER train back into town.) Click on the "Railpasses" tab above for info on passes in Britain and the Eurostar.

Alternatively, rent a mobile home. With your itinerary you're going to be on the road full time, anyway, so at least you wouldn't have to spend more time finding hotels...

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks! Never thought about an RV! Of course wife will have something about having to clean it while we are on vacation. Will look into single trip tickets as suggested in France.

Posted by
5 posts

I havn't cast my itineray in stone quite yet.
Just looking at all my options. Not going until next Sept. Do appreciate the input. Every little bit helps. Inverness is a big maybe and have been to London once before.

"Some of your itinerary looks really rushed, but you didn't ask for advice on it so.... "