Please sign in to post.

Trains

So I posted a question before about trains but need more help. I'm really trying to figure out how to get the best deal.

So here what I need (2nd class seats for both)

May 20 Vienna to Krakow night train
May 22 Krakow to Prague 7am train

I tried the vienna rail site, there seems 2 ways to book tickets, one way after stage 2 goes into german, and the other way they only offer tickets 30 days in advance but no matter how many times I try, I put the first page of info in and then it leads me to a screen thats says in german there was an error. I tried their call centre number but just got a recording in german.

So heres what I'm wondering I don't really want to book with rail europe because they are overpriced, but I need to be in the cities on time for reservation for hostels and tours.

I'm wondering if anyone thinks I'll have trouble booking these tickets with just less than 2 days in each city?

Do I have any other options?

Thanks

Posted by
82 posts

Try calling the Austrian rail company. I did that to book a journey from Salzburg to Strasbourg, and they speak perfect English.

Oops, just saw that you already tried that. Did you take the time change into account when you called? If not, try again...

Posted by
1556 posts

I would seriously doubt you would have any problems booking this when you get to these cities. Only exception is if it is local school holidays.

If you are really concerned about this, try contacting a travel agency based in Austria via email to see what this prices out to be.

There are also some interesting tickets available only in Europe such as the star ticket where the 1st person pays full price, 2nd pays 50%, 3rd pays 25%. Not sure if your routing would work for this but something to consider. The place that comes to mind is Wasteels - try finding them on the web and checking with them.