Please sign in to post.

Train travel from Germany to Prague to Austria.

I've tried to check the train schedule but can't seem to get out of Germany. Is there another schedule besides the DB to get to Prague and on? I wanted to print them out before we leave.

Posted by
2091 posts

Becky, I used DB and found trains for this Thursday, using München for departure to Praha, takes 5 hours, costs 89E. Praha to Wien takes 4-1/2 hours or so. When you use the site, are you entering dates that you plan to travel? I just use the day of the week that I'm planning and the approximate time I'd like to leave or arrive. EDIT: Just noticed you have this question posted twice. You could delete this one rather than have it clutter up the board.

Posted by
19099 posts

I don't see an €89 fare, but I do see €91 from Munich to Praha via ICE to Nürnberg and the special non-stop bus from Nürnberg to Praha, 5 hours. If you purchase that ticket online at least 3 days in advance (up to 92 days, early purchase recommended because the least expensive ones sell out), you can get a Europa-Spezial fare as low as €29 pP. . . . . . ¶ There is also a slightly longer (6 hr) connection via regional trains from Munich to Praha via Furth im Wald and Plzen (Pilsen). You can buy a Bayern-Böhmen (Bavarian-Bohemian) ticket for €33 to use to Plzen. It's just like a Bayern-Ticket (up to 5 people on regional trains all day long, after 9 AM workdays). You'll still need a Czech Rail ticket from Plzen, which Germans assure me you can buy from the conductor on the train before Plzen (I've never tested it) for less than €6 (in Czech Koruna). So for two people, it would be less than €45.

Posted by
1 posts

The best way to travel to Prague from Munich is the DB. The train leaves early in the morning and arrives Prague before noon. We took the First Class cabin and it is very comfortable. The train stops briefly in 2 German stations and Plzen, Czech Republic.