Please sign in to post.

train travel from bruges to amsterdam

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me the approximate price of this trip per person. Less than $50? $100? I see there are plenty of trains every day. I'm trying to put the cost into the expenses now since we will be buying the tickets once in Europe. also on the bahn.de site it appears that there is no advantage time wise to take the thalys from brussels to amsterdam (would take train first from bruges to brussels). What are other people's experiences?

Posted by
9100 posts

Never take the Thalys train from Amsterdam to Brussels. The regular inter-city trains operate more frequently (15 minute intervals) ,usually half the price, and no reservations required. Fare is 42 euros, although you will have no problems purchasing tickets on the day of your journey you can buy them in advance via Dutch Rail's new website:
http://www.nshispeed.nl/en

Posted by
8700 posts

Without using Thalys, your travel time using a combination of regional trains and IC trains ranges from 3hr35min to 5hr54min.

The fastest route I found using that combination is Brugge-Gent-Antwerp-Amsterdam.

Posted by
4555 posts

Don't go back thru Brussels if you don't need to....you can take trains thru Ghent and Antwerp that take about 3 1/2 hours, 42 Euro each for second class. Not many tourists on this train!