Please sign in to post.

Train Travel

I have been trying, in vain, to decide what type of train ticket would be right for my trip. We will go from Paris to Rothenburg,Prague to Bratislava, Munich, Venice Grimmelwald, Cornglia and to Rome. We will do this in 26 days staying approx 2 day at each location. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Carol

Posted by
23566 posts

........"type of train ticket ?????"........ Are you asking about a railroad pass or specific trains or class of service? You question is not very clear. A second class ticket will serve you needs just fine.

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks Frank
I guess I wasn't specific enough. I'm looking at rail passes. I think maybe the 21 day consecutive Global would be my best bet.

Posted by
1568 posts

Assuming your itinerary is firm. Determine the number of travel days.

Paris to Rothenburg ob de Tauber = 1 travel day.

Rothenburg ob de Tauber to Prague, CZ = = 1 travel day.

Prague to Bratislava = 1 travel day.

Bratislava to Munich = 1 travel day.

Munich to Venice = 1 travel day.

Venice to Grimmelwald = 1 travel day.

Grimmelwald to Cornglia = 1 travel day.

Cornglia to Rome = 1 travel day.

I appears you have 8 travel days.

Next step is to calculate the cost of Point-to-Point ticket price compared to a Rail Pass Day and determine which is less expensive per Travel Day.

Seven countries are involved. Look at the Global Pass Flexi. If you are traveling with another person the 10 days in 2 months is $666 per person. Which means a Rail Pass Day is $66.60 for each segment/travel day of your trip.

As I stated about research and determine the cost of a point-to-point ticket for each segment of your travels.

If a P-T-P ticket is less the $66.60 then it is cheaper than using up a Rail Pass Day.

Got to do your homework.

Good luck and enjoy!