Please sign in to post.

train travel

I need to get from Varenna-Esino to Venice italia rail shows a train from Milano central @ noon I can't find the schedules from Varenna to Milan - hope someone can help. Is there a separate schedule ??
Or is there a better route than through Milan ?? DP

Posted by
32206 posts

Diana, You should be able to see the entire schedule from Varenna to Venice by using the www.sbb.ch website (Swiss Rail). The trip from Varenna-Esino to Milano Centrale will be via Regionale (DON'T forget to validate!). The shortest travel time is 4H:03M, but that will depend on which train you use. Cheers!

Posted by
6898 posts

Diana, you may be looking at the wrong train website or, you may be looking out beyond June 8 on www.trenitalia.com which is currently the last day that you can see full train schedules. They refresh the schedules on June 9. Between now and June 9, Trenitalia will be u-p-loading their u-p-dated schedules. There are numersous trains a day from Varenna-Esino to Milano Centrale and even more from Milano Centrale to Venezia Santa Lucia. The train from Varenna is a Regionale train that takes about 1hr15min to get to Milan. The second train is a very high-speed Frecci train that takes 2.5hrs. Overall, you are looking at 4.0-5.0hrs depending on the run. There will be plenty of trains and, they won't be full. Here's a link to part of a sample schedule. http://gyazo.com/2f34ce9771761c9d237eaa35553dd752 Just put in a day that is 2-3 days from now as well as an early departure time and you'll see all of the schedules and fares as I just did.

Posted by
38 posts

thanks for all the tips
was that Ken from RS sicily (2012 Sept) trip ?? Hi Ken.