Please sign in to post.

train transportation

Can anyone tell me the exact trains i would need to take to get from Paris to St. Pierre des Corps? Are there more train options at the Gare du Montparnasse for this route than from CDG? Thx. Don't know how to buy tickets either. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by
6898 posts

I see the runs. The TGVs depart from Paris-Austerlitz. The Intercities and other locals seem to depart from Montparnasse. If you select a TGV run, you can print the ticket at home. If you select an Intercities train run, you can't print at home. You have to pick up the tickets in France. The trip time for the TGV is one hour. For the Intericities train, it's two hours. You can see all of this on www.tgv-europe.com. In the gray area on the upper right of the page, select Great Britain or Canada as your Ticket Collection Country. If you are in Salisbury, Maryland, do not put U.S.A. as you will be swtiched to RailEurope which you do not want. Also in the gray area unselect the little "direct trains" box.

Posted by
8700 posts

Sorry to have to correct Larry, but direct TGVs depart from Montparnasse and Intercites trains depart from Austerlitz. You can print your own ticket for either train. Whie the standard fare for TGVs is higher than for Intercites trains, if you book well in advance (up to three months allowed), you can get a Prem's fare as low as €15.00 for a TGV.

Posted by
6898 posts

Thanks Tim. I was looking right at the schedules and got it backwards.