Please sign in to post.

Train tickets

I'm trying to plan a europe trip for next year, and have some questions on train tickets. Last year I bought tickets through raileurope and think they are bit of a rip off. I am still planning an itinerary but think I will need tickets for Krakow - Prague and Prague - Vienna, does any one know if they speak english at the train stations in Krakow and Prague, and if two days is enough time to ensure I get tickets, or if I should buy from raileurope again. Also does anyone know what the savings would be to wait or for example buy from raileurope - krakow - prague for 2nd class $88. Thanks

Posted by
1568 posts

I can only relate our experience..
We had a Czech friend with us that spoke Czech, Russian, German, Polish and 1-2 other languages..
We had a printed copy of the train schedules for that day indicating the train number..departure time, etc.
It still took us forever to purchase them ticket..
We had to go to one window and he would print something...then back to the original window to purchase the tickets..
Our Czech friend said they were in the old Russian mode...doing everything the difficult way..
Allow time when purchasing your ticket..
I would suggest you print the timetable for your travel day...at least you will know the train you want to take..
Want for and be on guard for pickpockets in all the Prague train stations..
Here is the site for the English version of the Czech train schedules:..
http://www.jizdnirady.cz/connform.asp?tt=a&cl=E5

Posted by
1568 posts

It appears there are 2 direct trains from Prague to Vienna and no chainges...
One departing Prague (Praha) @ 8:26 am and arriving in Vienna (Wein) @ 12:28 pm....
2nd departing Prague @ 10:26 am and arriving in Vienna @ 14:38...
Price of ticket was not listed...
Rain travel in CR is very inexpensive.