Please sign in to post.

Train Reservations

I am planning a trip in 2 weeks with my little sister, I am wondering if the following legs of the journey I need reservations and if so, should I book them online or at the station? I noticed online there was a shipping fee as well as them having to actually mail you a paper reservation? Madrid-Barcelona Berlin-Amsterdam Amsterdam-Brussels Brussels-Bruges
Brussels-Paris We are using the Youth 4 Country Select Pass. Any help would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!

Posted by
23343 posts

Since you have the pass there is little point in purchasing the reservations ahead of time. Purchasing a day or two before or the day of will be fine.

Posted by
8700 posts

Madrid-Barcelona: Reservations are required on AVE trains. Berlin-Amsterdam: Reservations are recommended on some legs but not required. Amsterdam-Brussels: No reservations are possible on IC trains. If you take a Thalys train, you will have to pay a passholder fare that is more expensive than a simple seat reservation. Brussels-Bruges: No reservations are possible. Brussels-Paris: If you take a Thalys train, you will need to pay a passholder fare. You could take a TGV to CDG and only pay for a seat reservation, but then you would have to buy a ticket to get from the airport to Paris on the RER.