Please sign in to post.

Train Reservation

We will have a 3 country pass and would like to make a reservation for several overnight and high speed trains originating in France before we leave. Do you know if we can do this now from the US or do we need to wait till we arrive? If we have to wait, do we need to do this in France? Or can we make the reservation in Zurich when we arrive? Your help is appreciated!

Posted by
47 posts

I am travelling into and from France in June on overnight trains and I have already made my reservations. I used eurail.com. Some of the trains reservations were already sold out for passholders so I think it would be best to make them as soon as possible.

Posted by
28 posts

Thank you, Michelle! I went to the Eurail site and read through the various directions. We will take the Artesia train (Paris-Rome) possibly on May 30 (7pm) but I am unable to get to the spot where we actually book it and check availability.
Can you direct me how to get to the exact spot to reserve this? Will they send me an email confirmation or will I have to go to the train station to pick it up? There are also some TGV trains we'd like to reserve.

Posted by
8700 posts

You can buy reservations from Rail Europe. However, since you wish to make reservations for several trains, it might be cheaper to buy them from EurAide. For one $50 fee you can buy all the reservations you want for all the trains you want at in-Europe prices. Even with the fee, your total cost may be less than what you would pay using Rail Europe.