Please sign in to post.

Train purchases

Wondering how/where to purchase train tickets before departing for Europe when not buying a Eurorail pass. Larry, if you are reading this, I took your advice and cut out a few of the cities originally planned. Here's where we're going and needing train tickets: Paris-Amsterdam Amsterdam-Brussels Brussels-Lucern Lucern-Geneva Geneva-Bayeux
Bayeux-Paris Is there an easy (read as fool-proof)way for me to do this so I don't mess it up? Thanks all!

Posted by
9109 posts

Paris-Amsterdam & Amsterdam-Brussels via thalys.com Luzern-Geneva purchase at the station on the day of your journey. Geneva-Bayeux via rail.ch or TGV-europe.com Bayeux-Paris via TGV-europe.com Don't let TGV-Europe.com redirect you to RailEurope.

Posted by
14808 posts

Hi, I'll only comment on the Bayeux-Paris route. For that one you can just buy the day before or that morning. You'll be taking a TER (regional) train. You won't mess it up.

Posted by
9109 posts

It is indeed on regional trains but the TGV-Europe site offers advance purchase/non-refundable PREM discount tickets for that route.

Posted by
11 posts

tgv-europe.com site has a lot of links on it. what link should i be pulling to get train tickets? the posts say not to let it redirect me, but how can you stop it from doing so?

Posted by
922 posts

Use this link. I just tried it for a dummy trip from Paris to Nice with a dummy date and it didn't redirect me. http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/ Choose 'France' as your 'Ticket Collection Country' and it should let you print your tickets at home.

Posted by
8700 posts

There are some Intercites trains that go directly from Bayeux to Paris. Discount fare tickets are sold for those trains. Depending upon your departure time, you might have to take a TER (regional) train from Bayeux to Caen and an Intercites train from there to Paris. Booking in advance can get you a discount fare on the Caen-Paris leg. There will be no discount on the Bayeux-Caen leg.