Please sign in to post.

Train from Venice to Cinque Terre

This is our first trip to Italy and we are looking to leave Venice late Friday afternoon May 24 to travel by train to arrive in Vernazza. I am having trouble finding the correct routing or timing and would appreciate any guidance or direction please

Posted by
9 posts

This is interesting. I was just trying to figure out the same route...on a different day. Our hotelier in Vernazza had advised me to go through Milan and then to Monterosso. However, when I tried to search for tickets from Milan to Monterosso, I got a message saying "no results". I'll be interested to see comments from others. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Posted by
1216 posts

Hi Janet and Connie. Use trenitalia.com. Use station Venezia S. Lucia. Connie, as of now, schedules after June 8 don't show; use a different date to get the idea, then check back later. Janet, you should see many options; there are routes going thru Milan, Bologna, or Florence; they should all show. note that it is a 5 to 7 hour trip, so leaving late afternoon may not work well. Enjoy your trip!