Please sign in to post.

train from rome to florence

How is the train from Rome airport to Florence

Posted by
1317 posts

Steve pretty much summed it up. You take the first train from the airport to Roma Termini and then catch a different train to Florence. Be sure to give yourself enough time between trains as they will most likely be at opposite ends of the station.

Posted by
26 posts

Dear Ruth,
You can head north from FCO without going into Rome, there are two tracks at the airport one is for the express to town (Termini) the other goes north. I think Ort is the change (its been a couple of years). Just ask and buy your tickets at FCO, they can give you a printout so you know when/where to change trains and how long to find your connection. Joanne

Posted by
32212 posts

Ruth,

The most direct and probably quickest route from Roma / FCO to Firenze is to take the Leonardo Express to Roma Termini and then transfer to a EuroStar Italia / Alta Velocita. While there may be trains which take another route, I suspect these won't be EI / AV trains, so the trip would be longer with more stops.

I did a brief search of the Trenitalia website for trips from FCO to Florence, and every train listing had the same route - Leonardo Express to Rome and then the EI / AV to Florence (travel time 2H:44M). The site lists a Second Class ticket at €55 (which will include the compulsory reservation for the Alta Velocita).

The Leonardo Express arrives / departs from Track 25, which is a bit separate from the other tracks. DON'T forget to validate your ticket!

Happy travels!