Please sign in to post.

Train from Rome to Florence

I am planning to take the train from Rome to Florence at the end of May 2013. I have noticed that Trentitalia departing from Roma Termini does not issue an e-ticket but is mailed, to Canada??? Has anyone had problems recieving their mailed tickets? How long does it take? Or is it better to use Italo Train line which departs from another less covenient station and get the e-ticket automatically?

Posted by
6898 posts

Celina, there are 50+ high-speed trains a day from Rome to Florence. Most are non-stop. When you buy your ticket, you quickly receive an email with your ticket. No snail mail. Doesn't matter which country either. Are you sure that you are not confusing Trenitalia with RailEurope which mails tickets? The key feature on this document is the 6-digit PNR code. Also included will be your departure date, train number and seat reservation.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for your response. Yes, I was looking at the RailEurope website and didn't realize that you could purchase directly from Trenitalia. This information is very helpful!

Posted by
32329 posts

Celina, It's also very easy to buy tickets when in Italy, although that may be slightly more expensive in some cases. Keep in mind that pre-purchased tickets on trains which have compulsory reservations will "lock" you into a particular train and departure time. BE SURE that you ONLY board the train specified on the reserved ticket, or you may be fined on the spot and it's not cheap! You may find it helpful to have a look at both www.roninrome.com and www.seat61.com as both sites have excellent information on rail travel in Italy. Happy travels!