Please sign in to post.

Train from Prague to Munich

I am looking to take a train from Prague to Munich (flights are too expensive) in the middle of September and was wondering what site(s) I should look at. I purchased a ticket with Euro Railways on my last trip a couple of years ago, from Munich to Amsterdam and had a positive experience. Is there a better place I should look at? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Posted by
23568 posts

Actually the fastest trip is via bus to Nuremberg and train to Munich all operated by dBahn - German rail. Use the bahn.com web site for schedule and purchase.

Posted by
19240 posts

This link will take you directly to the German Rail (DB) schedule and purchase website. The standard fares on this site are the least expensive you will find anywhere. In addition, the Bahn offers discount fares and regional passes that you can't find anywhere else. If you book well in advance, you can find that bus/train connection online at the Bahn website starting at €29 per person, 2nd cl. Without advance purchase, the full fare is €91, 2nd cl. There are also four direct or one change regional trains from Prague to Munich. They take an hour longer than the bus/train connection, but full fare tickets (€63,20) don't require advance purchase. That's the Bahn price. The price, in Kc, purchased in Prague is probably less. You can also use a Czech ticket from Prague to the German border, puchased in Prague for about €10 plus a Bayern-Ticket-Single (purchased previously in Germany or online from the Bahn website) for €21 for one person.